There has been a church on the site of Christchurch Priory since at least 800 A.D. The Present building was built by Ranulf Flambard the Dean of Tynham in 1094 A.D. It was noted in the Doomsday book as having 24 secular canons.
In the early 12th century Tynham was renamed Christchurch after Jesus Christ helped out with the carpentry in the Priory. (See the miraculous beam legend.)
The tower was rebuilt in the late 15th century after the Norman tower collapsed.
In 1539 the priory was dissolved and the monastic buildings were pulled down but, after a plea by the towns people to King Henry VIII, the Priory was saved and used as a parish church.
Today the beautiful Christchurch Priory is reputed to be the longest parish church in England and dominates the skyline of Christchurch.
Magenta Building Repair Limited were tasked with maintenance to heavily corroded Victorian iron restraint tie rods and truss brackets on the underside of the roof of the tower. The reason the iron had become so corroded was that it was virtually impossible to gain access to it as there was no way of getting scaffolding to the top of the tower. Hence it was decided by the architects, Columba Cook, to use Magenta's modern rope access system. In four days the work was complete.